So there has been a lot of stress that Jared and I have been under lately. I have had to hardest time finding a job, and some people are thinking I'm just being too picky...saying, "It's all about the money" to just find something that pays well. And no, I'm sorry tis not all about the money. Tis better to be happy than wealthy. Yes, money help us get through life, but tis not all there is to life. I've always told myself I'm not going to work somewhere where I'm not happy. It would only be a "chasing after the wind."
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He had made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--that is the gift of God I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Ecclesiastes 3:9-14
Some days I feel as if I am living in Ecclesiastes...while it is one of my favorite books of the Bible, I don't feel like always have to explain myself to the same people on almost a daily basis. I want to work at a place I enjoy, so I don't toil in vain...so I won't be chasing after happiness in a place where it won't be achieved. I choose HAPPINESS!
Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
Ecclesiastes 4:6
So to the prayer request the title insinuates...There have been a lot of open doors for both Jared and I that right as we start to step through they slam in our faces. Yes...yes...yes I know this means that they weren't the right doors, but it seems for me since we've been down here no door has been the right door, and here recently a huge opportunity opened up for Jared and totally clasped right in front of him. What I'm getting at is we need the right doors to open and stay opened...we need a way to get out of his parents' house and begin married life the way it is meant to be. We are praying for a better job opportunity for Jared, he has a great job has it is and get paid well, when he has the hours, but down here there isn't a high demand for his work right now meaning low hours. We either need a higher position, with guaranteed hours or salary. And for me I just need a job period...I had a call this morning for a job interview on Thursday, and I really need prayer on this one...prayer for peace. We also need prayer for wisdom in the steps we take and the way to handle certain situations. And a big one is prayer for understanding for both Jared and I on why things are going the way they are, and also for the people we are dealing with to understand why we live/make decisions the way we do (Biblically) because for some reason they aren't understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lord, give Elisha peace, AND give her a job too! Help her to choose happiness in all areas of her life inspite of her circumstances. Give her wisdom as she continues to job hunt, and please help her find a job that will be worth her time and effort. If that is not in your will right now Lord, then help Elisha through this hard time. Help her discover that whatsover her hand findeth to do, that she can do it with all her might, and it will be pleasing to you-whether that's rocking babies or pouring lattes-and then THAT satisfaction of pleasing you, will make her happy and content. Amen!
ReplyDeleteThanks Danielle...you rock! I love you and I miss your presence. You are an amazing woman of God...Caleb, Celeste, Caedmon, and any additions God ever adds to your family are more than blessed to have you! Thanks for all your uplifting encouragements and prayers!
ReplyDelete