Saturday, June 5, 2010

Life as of lately...

I know I know I know...I haven't updated in forever! Life has been crazy busy (to say the least).

Home Life:
We have been in our new apartment for 3 months now and we are loving it! It's great to have our own space to spread out and be contained to one room. And I love using our wedding presents! Once I get through decorating (yes I know it's been three months, but life is busy and decorating takes extra money) I'll post some pictures.

On to a sadder point...our A/C has been out for a week now and for all you Eastern Shore people know this is not a good thing at...well in AL period this is NOT a good thing! Last weekend maintenance came and put a window unity in our living room and well it is less than sufficient. The A/C was supposed to be fixed by Wednesday but here it is Saturday and all we have is an additional window unity for the bedroom. Fingers crossed everything will be fixed on Monday!

To a happier note...Married life is amazing! We have been married for 413 blissful days! Jared is the greatest!!!!

Work Life:
Less than desirable! Don't get me wrong I love teaching...LOVE children! But God is showing me in many ways that it is time for me to move on...not from teaching but from where I'm teaching. When it gets to the point of dreading going to work EVERY DAY something is wrong. I've been looking deep inside and praying over the situation and I've been under TOO much stress lately...yes I know preschool can be stressful, but what I'm going through is ridiculous. To hit the high notes of my stress: 1) I am to my co-workers as Southern summers is to Northern winters 2) I am the three-year-old afternoon teacher and I have 11 children in my class, one of which has Down Syndrome, and I have no helper/aide...just me! Thomas, my child with Downs, demands all of my attention and if I don't freely give him ALL of my attention he acts out.

Yesterday I went and applied at this other center here in Daphne, and I'm praying with all my heart, soul, and might that I get this job. This place is called Christ the King Early Childhood Development Center and it is just like Dawson (the preschool I worked at in Birmingham) I've been longing for a place like Dawson ever since we moved and now I've finally found one. Please join me in this prayer!

Church Life:
IS AMAZING! Coastline Community Church is wonderful...the people are great and our family is growing! God has amazing plans in store for the Eastern Shore!

And for now that is my life! Miss you all that are not here with us on the ES!

No comments:

Post a Comment