I am normally a huge Christmas lover (or freak...whichever term you prefer), but for some reason this year I don't feel it...as if I'm living Faith Hill's song "Where are you Christmas". Why? Even I, myself, don't know...I wish I did but for some reason I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it is the fact that I didn't get the decorate a Christmas Tree which is one of the many things I love about Christmas...I don't really know. Christmas just doesn't really seem like Christmas this year, and that makes me sad.
WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wellllll, my first Christmas away from home was tough for me. Isn't this your first one married and away? And, you've had so much change in such a short time that it's easy to see why it might not feel like Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThe only remedy for that is to actively pursue doing some things for yourself to make it feel like Christmas and to decorate what you can anyway (buy one box of white lights and string them on your bedframe in your bedroom while playing Christmas music, and then watch a Christmas movie while drinking hot cocoa and snuggling up to Jared on your twinkling bed)
You've still got time to capture the season, and even if it is a little sad still, you can make it the best one it can be for this first year away from the old and familiar-sadness sometimes has to live along side of newness/differentness for a little while, but it subsides as you jump in anyway.
Love you 'lisha...