Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Life as of now...


Here lately my life has been pretty boring since Jared has gone back to work. Thus adding blogging to my life to hopefully spice it up a little (right?!).

So where is my life now...

We moved a little over a month ago, and now my husband and I are living in Fairhope, AL (the best beautiful place in the world!) with my in-laws. I know you are probably thinking, "Oh, Dear!" but honestly it isn't that bad.

I've had a hard time finding a full-time job, so my days consist of sitting around the house doing laundry and straighten the room when it gets messed up, hoping the next morning I'll get a phone call from the preschool saying they need me to come substitute today. Alas, that hasn't happened yet. We came to late for me to be a part of their staff so I'm waiting and subing till a classroom opens up for me to start teaching full-time. You may be thinking, "Why not just get a part-time job whilest you wait?" Well, I've tried but it seems that all of Baldwin County is at a hiring freeze in all areas of work. Thankfully, God works in some crazy ways and my husband, Jared, squeezed through the hiring freeze and got an installing position of the Spainish Fort Best Buy (an answered prayer). We were expecting him to get a job instore, which meant a pay cut, and we weren't very happy about it, but we had accepted the fact. Praise God for answered prayers and Jared's new install position!

Other than that...I've just been very lonely. It seems that I suck at making friends down here, but more about that later...when I'm emotionally destressed about it (believe me it happens a lot). Alas, I know God has called us to this area so sooner or later I will have at least one friend besides my wonderfully loving husband!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world! Cute blog. :-)
    I can identify with the boredom. You will get to know people soon. Is church not up and going yet? Maybe you could just go to church somewhere in the meanwhile and make a few friends. Believe me, I know it just takes a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...we aren't starting up the church till the start of the New Year. We've been going to the church my in-laws go to...tis like Highlands but a whole lot smaller. We are attending a small group that one of Jared's friend and his wife are leading...there are a nice group of good people...now to just get to know them (better).

    ReplyDelete