Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rearranging...

Tonight we have been rearranging our room with the help of my lovely in-laws. We finally have all of our furniture...I do NOT plan of dealing with furniture people for and very very VERY long time. We had the hardest time actually getting our furniture...it was easy picking it out...and easy (for the most part) paying for it, but physically receiving it is a whole different story. Long story short...they lost our furniture and had to remake it, smarted off to my husband, finally finish our furniture and then forgets to ship our chair to the store with our sectional. They deliver our sectional and then three weeks later our pod chair. The chair arrived whilst we were in Birmingham this past week, so we moved it into our room last night. The way we had our room arranged there was no room for the chair, so moving the chair in made it so crowded which bothered me because it was in the room and did not have a place...and everything should have a place or it shouldn't be there. So...Today has been completely devoted to rearranging this room! This morning I measured the whole room and ALL of our furniture and then broke out the graph paper and put it all out on paper until it all fit. Then once my mother-in-law got home and helped me begin. After we emptied some cabinets and removed them from the room, I moved our king size bed (not an easy task).
~You may wonder why I didn't wait for Jared to help...I can tend to be slightly impatient when it comes to getting things done...I want them done when I want them done and I have a hard time waiting...therefore I normally just do things myself.~
Once the bed was moved and made up...Jared got home from work. Oh well...at least it got done.
Shortly after dinner we jumped on the project of getting it all done (because we have friends coming over for dinner tomorrow and I'm slightly OCD and would like it to look nice). Jared and his dad mounted the cabinets on the wall and his mom reloaded them. Jared and I moved the furniture around (it fits perfectly). And all the while (well at least whilst we were moving furniture) my silly father-in-law was reading to us (a lot like story time) this "funny" story-telling poems. I'll admit SOME of them were a little funny...SOME! The funny part is he just kept on reading...even after we obviously stopped listening...hehe...he just kept on and almost read the whole book. :-) I love my in-laws...they make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Celeste is getting in to My Little Ponies a lot...she is always finding them at the garage sales we are going to and buying them with her change. She is also playing dress up a lot more too. She loves stickers still and most things Dora or Clifford.

    Who knows what Caed will be in to by the time it is his second birthday??! Right now, he still just really enjoys throwing things around and shouting. Maybe a mega phone? LOL! That is the last thing the child needs. :)

    Have you found any new friends yet??

    ReplyDelete