Thursday, September 10, 2009

OCD...

Definition: Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a mental disorder with two components: obsessions, which consist of thoughts, impulses, or mental images; and compulsions, which are repetitive behaviors that the person feels driven to perform in response to the obsessions.So, Jared and I were hanging out with some friends tonight, and the comment was made that I'm OCD. I'm not sure I would call it OCD...I just sometimes like a sense of order and cleanliness (ok ALWAYS on the cleanliness). I pay attention to 'most' minute details, thus knowing where everything is most of the time, whether it be mine or someone elses.

Jared likes to tease me because we were watching a movie the other day and one of the sticks in our diffuser was out of place (reason #1 he teases me is for using that term 'out of place'). He believes (as probably most everyone) that the diffuser sticks should just go everywhere in the jar. However, in our diffuser there are 10 sticks and to me it makes the most sense to have 3 across from 3 and 2 across from 2; where they cross in the middle and make a nice little square shape at the top and the bottom. Well...back to the store and reason #2 Jared makes fun of me for. We were watching Pearl Harbor and I thought I notice one of the sticks out of place (because Jared likes to take them out to 'diffuse' the smell of his flatulation) so I simply said "Oh no, one is out of place!" and leaned up and fixed it. (reason #2 I had to fix it then and not wait til after the movie). I see nothing wrong with that but my loving husband still teases me.

And I shall restate...I would not call this OCD. I just believe things have there place and them should stay in that place whilst they are not being used.

4 comments:

  1. Do you pay attention to the most "minuet" details of your spelling?

    PEB 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call that ODC either.. maybe OCD though.

    :-D

    I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob...I have no idea what you are talking about...I spelled it right (after I changed it).

    and Jared...shhhhhhh! I fixed that too (I love you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually CDO people...sheesh. They have to be in alphabetical order! ;)

    Don't worry Elisha, kids help clear up a lot of this compulsion by simply stealing your time...you have to weigh straigtening the incense sticks with wiping snot off the kids nose and all the incense sticks since they have been put up his nose and strewn across the floor! BUT, as long as you can build habits of super duper tidiness now BY ALL MEANS do it! It will help with order later because of habit. :)

    ReplyDelete